A lot of companies in the construction and warehousing industry require forklifts as part of their daily operations. However, sometimes, a time-sensitive project comes up, which means they have to boost their capacity. Rather than purchasing more equipment, they opt for forklift leasing instead. Doing so means that they have the equipment they need, when they need it, and they can meet their deadlines. In so doing, they also save money, as they don’t have to buy equipment they don’t use all the time.
Different Types of Forklift Leases
Most commonly, businesses take out a full maintenance lease. This is a long-term type of lease, but structured around a company’s individual requirements. Hence, should they only need it for a short period of time, that can be arranged as well. There are a number of key advantages to taking out a full maintenance lease, including:
- That the forklift is available when it is actually needed.
- That it includes forklift service and insurance, which means further costs are saved.
- That the unit will always be up and running because it will either be fixed or replaced immediately should something go wrong.
When a forklift that is leased is serviced, only parts approved by the manufacturer will be used, as will any consumables, including lubricants. It is very important that approved consumables are used, because this will significantly lengthen the time between two necessary services. Hence, businesses will be able to use their forklift for longer periods of time, increasing productivity and making more operating hours available so that a project can be completed.
How to Lease a Forklift
Should a business need a forklift and they decide that hiring or leasing one is the most appropriate measure, they do have to make a few considerations. Because they will have to enter into a contract, working out the best value for money is very important. Some key things to think about include:
- That the forklift is a recognized make that has a global presence and is respected as being a high quality brand. Japanese makes and models are some of the most popular in the world, and for good reason, mainly because they have been proven to be able to perform properly even under the harshest conditions.
- That the forklifts come with a full service history, which will guarantee that they are able to operate for long periods of time and won’t have to be returned for service just a few days after using them. A good leasing company will be able to provide written documentation about this.
- That the leasing company is respected and has a reputation of offering a high quality service. They should be more than happy to provide you with references to attest to this.
With these three tips, you should be able to lease the right forklift truck for your needs and make sure any time-sensitive project is completed not just on time, but within budget as well. What more could you wish for?