If you live in Tennessee, you will know that golf is almost like the national sport! There are clubs everywhere, and their membership fees are an absolute steal. It is also quite common for golf clubs to be owned by a university foundation, making it even more accessible for the community to access the sport. For Robert Mims Memphis clearly is the place to be for any golf enthusiast, therefore.
Robert Mims Memphis Golf
Robert Mims is a CFO so he spends a lot of time on the golf course, in part to relax and unwind and in part to build networks, meet with friends, and have business meetings. If a new report is filed, a new guideline is proposed, someone needs to be fired, a business in Louisville should be acquired, someone is facing an arrest or cited for steal or shoplift charges, or any other news breaks, it is discussed on the golf course. It doesn’t matter whether it is August or December, the green is the place to be. But what are some of the golf courses to choose from?
Golf Clubs and Courses in Tennessee
- The Chickasaw country club offers an 18 hole golf course.
- Ridgeway Country Club with a 6,933 yard.
- TPC with three different courses (East Golf, West Golf, and Par 3 course).
- Audubon, which offers an 18 hole course and some 6,488 yards, as well as 70 pars.
- Davy Crockett golf course, where there is a 72 par, which truly is one of the greatest challenges of all.
- Overton Park GOLF Course has nine holes and a 2,222 yard area, perfect for those after a quick game. It is a tough game, however, with a 34 par, which is quite impressive.
- Riverside Golf Club is a 32 par golf club with nine holes spread over some 2,015 yards of green.
- Pine Hill is an 18 hole golf course, but only has 5,908 yards. This means it is much smaller in overall surface area, but no less challenging regardless. The par is 70, which makes it quite challenging as well.
- T O Fuller State Park golf course, which is available for the community as a whole. It is an 18 hole golf course with a 72 par, covering 5,986 yards. It offers a fantastic day out for the whole family, in other words.
All of the above golf courses are found in and around Memphis, Tennessee. What this shows is the width and breadth of options available to people. Some golf courses are nothing short of exclusive and membership to the country club is by invite only. Others, like the T O Fuller State Park, are open to the public at large. Golf is something that should unite, according to Mims, rather than divide. It is something that can give young people purpose and they should be encouraged to take part in it whenever possible. This is why he always goes out of his way to raise awareness of existing courses.